The Evil Empire
The Evil Empire is derived from the "Empire" in the Star Wars series of movies.
The Empire is a fighter race, and has some of the biggest and baddest of them around. Their lineup includes the ability to ground assault planets with Imperial Stormtroopers, as well as the Gorbie Class Battlecarrier, the largest ship (or is it a moon?) in the game. They can sense enemy planets with Dark Sense.
- Dark Sense, which can sense enemy planets from far away. The Empire has excellent strategic data collection abilities because of this.
- Builds 5 "free" fighters per turn per starbase, using 3 tritanium and 2 molybdenum each.
- The Super Star Destroyer can take any enemy planet with ten clans, assuming it can get there unscathed!
- 40% of the crew goes traitor when boarded by another ship
- Fakes bioscan reports by reporting Amorphous life on the planets the Empire owns
- (NuHost only) Starbase Fighter Transfer: Starbases and Gorbies can send and receive fighters over a distance of 200 LY.
See The master ship list for a list of The Evil Empire ships.
Most races will be interested in your Gorbies and SSDs (especially cloaking races, which can bring a fuel-less SSD to a planet to keep it from being destroyed). Most races will also enjoy Pl21 probes for money transfer, although HYP ships are usually easily capturable anyway. Everyone can benefit from an intelligence agreement with you since you can collect great information using Dark Sense.
This makes a good alliance. Lizards can provide you with cloakers (which help with Imperial Assault missions) and Lokis. They will be interested in Gorbies since their ships are weak, and SSDs which they can use well in combination with cloakers. They might find your Pl21 probes useful for ground combat. Even if you are far away from each other, you can use Pl21 probes to quickly establish a starbase in each other's region of space and build ships for each other (Gorbies at a humanoid base, LCCs at ghipsoldal). If you give the lizard player an LDSF full of your colonists, he can use them to drop clans on your nearby opponents.