The Glory Device is a hull function that acts as a self-destruct feature. Although all hull models belong exclusively to the Fascist fleets, the device can be triggered by any race in possession of a ship equipped with the device.
These hulls below are each given varying degrees of friendly splash damage relative to a mine hit.
- D19b Nefarious Class Destroyer (20% friendly splash)
- Saber Class Frigate (10% friendly splash)
- Campaign ship D7b Painmaker Class Cruiser (half the normal mine hit damage and Planetary structures destroyed, net 10% friendly splash)
- Campaign ship D19c Nefarious Class Destroyer (20% friendly splash)
- Campaign ship Saber Class Shield Generator (10% friendly splash)
There are two principle activation triggers for the Glory Device:
By setting the friendly code of the ship to 'POP' the Glory Device will be activated. The ship does not need fuel, however it will fail to trigger if it is destroyed beforehand by a mine/webmine hit or an ion storm. This code always detonates before the Warp Chunnel step in Host Order. On Planets.Nu even without any Crew due to Radiation Halo's, detonation is still possible.
Cloak Detection Trigger
By setting the friendly code of the ship to 'TRG' the glory device will activate if certain criteria are met, keeping in mind the effects the shockwave has on cloaked ships:
- The Glory Device ship and a cloaked enemy ship are present, the Glory Device ship has it's mission set to KILL
- The Glory Device ship and a cloaked enemy ship are present, and the Glory Device ship has the Primary Enemy set to that of the cloaked ship
Note: At Planets.Nu the KILL! mission will reset on a ship without fuel if anything interacts with it, such Robbed, Webmine hit, Webdrain or runs out-of-fuel while moving.
When triggered, the devices detonates the ship and causes 1 mine hit worth of damage (exception: D7b pop does half damage) to all ships at the location AFTER the movement phase. Any cloaked ships caught in the detonation are decloaked regardless of the damage level to prevent cloak setting.
Fascist ships, along with ships belonging to the player who owns the Glory Device ship take only the friendly splash percentage as listed in the overview. When a glory device is triggered over an foreign planet the following additional damage will be done:
- 40% of all Colonists will be killed. Lizard and Crystalline Colonists are immune.
- All Amorphous Natives will be vaporized, leaving behind a supply cache at a range of 1 per 10 clans, regardless of planetary ownership.
- 40% of all other Natives will also be killed. excluding Siliconoids, Reptilians, and Bovinoids as they are immune.
- 25% of all planetary structures will be destroyed (halved to 12.5% if detonated by a D7b Painmaker Class Cruiser)
Note: Numbers of Colonists/Natives/structures destroyed are rounded down, so one of each will always remain no matter how many detonations occur.
Ship Repair Reference
This reference is for Fascist players that need to plan how to handle their fleets when Glory Device(s) are used. Cargo numbers are bolded for those ships which can repair themselves on the same Turn as the detonation happens, provided they have enough Supplies onboard after they get hit by a Glory Device.
|Tech||Name||Mass||Cargo||20% FSD||10% FSD|
|1||Small Deep Space Freighter||30||70||335||165|
|2||D7a Painmaker Class Cruiser||170||120||60||30|
|2||Little Pest Class Escort||75||20||135||65|
|3||Neutronic Fuel Carrier||10||2||dead||dead|
|3||Medium Deep Space Freighter||60||200||165||85|
|4||D7 Coldpain Class Cruiser||175||100||55||30|
|5||Ill Wind Class Battlecruiser||275||260||35||20|
|5||D3 Thorn Class Destroyer||90||40||110||55|
|6||Large Deep Space Freighter||130||1200||75||40|
|6||Valiant Wind Class Carrier||180||80||55||30|
|6||Deth Specula Class Frigate||113||35||90||45|
|6||D19b Nefarious Class Destroyer||96||40||105||50|
|8||Saber Class Frigate||153||25||65||35|
|9||Neutronic Refinery Ship||712||1050||15||5|
|10||Super Transport Freighter||160||2600||65||30|
|10||Victorious Class Battleship||451||130||20||10|
|10||Merlin Class Alchemy Ship||920||2700||10||5|
- =ROUND(10000/mass*0.2)*5 for D19b Glory Device Explosion
- =ROUND(10000/mass*0.1)*5 for Saber Glory Device Explosion
hitdamage = Round(10000/(m+1));
d7bhitdamage = Round(hitdamage / 2);
d7bfriendlydamage = Round(d7bhitdamage * 0.2);
Differences between NuHost and Host 3.22
- Stellar Cartography: Any non-Robotic ships that get hit by a Glory Device while in radiation will immediately take a loss in crew and colonists equal to the radiation due to the sudden hull breach
- Campaign: The D7b, D19c, and Saber Shield Generator designs are exclusive to NuHost
- NuHost does not require a Glory Device ship to have fuel in order to use any of the triggers. Host 3.22, on the other hand, requires fuel on a trg code involving a kill mission